Monday, February 2, 2009

Another Taylor Baby on the Way




Austin and I found out a few weeks ago that we are expecting another baby. I don't know why but I have been very nervous this time. We didn't want to announce it until we had our first doctor visit. We went to the doctor Thursday and had an ultrasound. Everything looked great and we are expecting the new addition in September.

Bailey is so excited about being a big sister. She couldn't stop smiling and laughing when Austin and I gave her the big news. When I was trying to explain to her what was happening I used our friend Kacey who has a 10 month old baby boy as an example. I said "Do you remember when Mrs. Kacey's belly got big and then Levi came out? That is what is going to happen to Mommy". Bailey quickly said "Their baby was a boy baby and my baby is going to be a girl baby." We'll see if she is right. She has been telling people for a while now that she has a baby in Mommy's belly.

I have been explaining to Bailey over the last few months how she used to live in Mommy's belly until she grew big enough to come out. We looked at pictures of my pregnant belly and her as a new born. She seems to understand fairly well. I guess about as well as a three year old can. She knows we'll go to the hospital and they will get the baby out then we can bring it home. The other day she lifted my shirt and said "Mommy, your belly isn't big yet, did the baby come out already?" I think she will have a hard time waiting. We will keep you all updated.

6 comments:

Rachel Freeman said...

Congratulations! I'm glad everything is going great. Wow, September, man those summer months are a drag. So, what's your official due date, Isaac was born on the 19th you know. I'm sure Bailey will be a big help to you Alesha.

Taylor's said...

Thanks Rachel. The due date is September 17th. I didn't realize it was so close to Isaac's birthday. Bailey came two days after her due date so who knows.

Anonymous said...

Love how you thought to take a pic of the pregnancy test stick! That's funny! I, like Bailey, may have a hard time waiting too!

Kacey

Jennifer Ford said...

Congratulations!!! I bet Bailey is so excited. Will pray that the next months go well for you. You know how fast they will fly by. I try to keep a check on how all of you are doing, and I can't believe how much Bailey has grown. She will be a great big sister. Take care.

Charity said...

Congratulatins :)

Taylor's said...

Thanks Jennifer. So good to hear from you. Hope you guys are doing great. Bet Emily and Marley are about grown.