Thursday, July 24, 2008

Whew!! It's over!

My surgery is over. Everything went well. I had to be at the hospital at 5:30 a.m. (Ugh) They got me prepped and the surgery actually started around 8:30. It took about an hour and a half. We were home about 15 till 2:00. The cyst was about golf ball size. They did the frozen biopsy and the cyst was benign. They will send it off and get a more accurate biopsy. My doctor said that in 15 years she had only seen once that the results were different from the frozen biopsy so we are pretty confident that we are done. The surgery was at Baptist Desoto. Everyone was sooo nice. Probably the friendliest hospital I've been to. Amanda says she approves of us having a baby there. It was funny because it just came from no where. She and Amber said Austin made a couple of trips to the nursery while we were at the hospital. Sounds like I better recover soon. We have lots of help. Mom, Amber, Rebekah, Luke, Tim, Amanda, Taylor, Alex, Roger and Sheila all came. Tim was brave enough to keep all five kids at the house while we were gone. It was so much help. Mom and Amber are going to stay a few days to help out. Roger and Sheila dropped my prescriptions off and have been really helpful too. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got a good report. We've been praying for you. Take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Glad everything went well...be sure to stay rested. I loved Baptist Desoto too...perfect place to have a baby. See ya soon. Call if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

Praise God!! you've been in my prayers.
Love you

Charity said...

Hi Taylor Family, I found your blog through Sally Sipes on Facebook---anyway, I first read the entry about your surgery, and I prayed for you! I'm glad you are doing well Alicia, and I hope you don't mind me reading. I am happy to hear that you are all doing well. I saw your dad (roger) not too long ago, and he just couldn't quit bragging on you two!

Taylor's said...

Thank you all for your prayers. Charity I don't mind you reading at all. I've actually read your blog a few times through Stephanie Bennett's blog. Congratulations on your recent wedding. Sounds like you guys are doing great.