Monday, June 2, 2008

Potty Time!!

Bailey's first day accident free.

Last Monday we decided that we would start the toilet training process, again. I tried for about an hour a few months ago and after several pair of wet panties decided I wasn't in any hurry. Monday morning I put her in big girl panties and told her that when she goes tee tee in the potty she will get candy as a reward. If you know Bailey very well you know she loves candy. She did pretty well that day but we did have a few accidents. Tuesday was better. She still had a couple of accidents but was starting to figure the whole thing out. By Wednesday Bailey had figured out that she could squeeze out a little tee tee about every fifteen minutes. She would say "I want some candy. I'll go tee tee now", and sure enough she could manage to go. I knew then something had to change. I decided to make her a chart and when she gets three stickers in a row she gets candy. She was so excited about putting stickers on the chart she almost forgot about the candy all together. Thursday was her first day using the chart. She still had one accident Thursday. She wasn't telling me when she had to go and if I asked her if she needed to she would still say no. I started using our kitchen timer. It beeps every thirty minutes. Bailey knows when she hears the beeping that it is time to go potty and she doesn't mind at all. Friday was her first day to be completely accident free. Hooray!! I am gradually lengthening the amount of time between potty visits. She is even telling us on her own a lot now. In just one weeks time she is accident free most days. She doesn't even remember the sticker or the candy very often now. She just goes. She doesn't do as well when we are out and about, but I know that will take time. Sorry I know this was a long and rambling blog but we are so excited. She's growing up so fast!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Bailey! Miss Kacey is sooo proud of you! You're growing up way too fast!